VILLAGE OPEN MEETING
Tuesday 1st May 2018 at 7.30 pm
Watton-At-Stone Nursery and Primary School, Rectory Lane
Please come along to hear the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group present the first draft of the Watton-at-Stone Neighbourhood Plan. The presentation and following discussion will include the vision and objectives for the Plan, potential village sites for development, an amenities ‘wish list’ and planning policies.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!
Download the meeting slides here
East Herts District Plan Main Modifications Consultation
East Herts Council is in the process of finalising the East Herts District Plan. The Plan was submitted for Examination in March 2017 and an independent Planning Inspector, appointed by the Secretary of State, examined the Plan during Hearing Sessions held between October 2017 and January 2018. Following the close of the Hearing Sessions, the Council is proposing modifications to the East Herts District Plan. These changes were agreed by full Council on 6th February 2018.
The changes proposed to the Plan evolved throughout the Examination process, before, during and after the Hearing Sessions. The modifications propose to amend the Pre-Submission East Herts District Plan 2016 and therefore this document must be read alongside the Plan. The Main Modifications are now being published for consultation.
This consultation runs for six weeks between 15th February 2018 and 29th March 2018. All consultation documents are available online at: https://www.eastherts.gov.uk/mainmodifications
All comments on the Main Modifications will be collated and submitted to the Inspector who will need to know which Modification you support or object to and, if you object, what is the basis for your concern. The Inspector will want to know whether the Council has met the legal requirements for the preparation of the Plan and whether it meets the "tests of soundness" which are set out in the National Planning Policy Framework. The tests of soundness are set out below:
- Positively prepared – is the Plan based on a strategy which seeks to meet the objectively assessed development and infrastructure requirements?
- Justified – is the Plan the most appropriate strategy, when considered against reasonable alternatives, based on proportionate evidence?
- Effective – is the Plan deliverable over its period and based on effective joint working on cross-boundary strategic priorities? and
- Consistent with national policy – does the Plan enable the delivery of sustainable development in accordance with the policies in the framework?
Comments will need to be framed in the context of these issues as this will help the Inspector in preparing her report.
How to respond to the Consultation
There are several ways in which you can respond:
- Online: You can access the online Consultation Portal directly using the following link: http://consult.eastherts.gov.uk. Please note that you will receive an automated email from the consultation system notifying you that the consultation has commenced.
- By email: A comment form is available online which you can complete and return by email to the Planning Policy Team at: email@example.com.
- By post: Alternatively you can send your completed comment form to East Herts Council, Planning Policy Team, Wallfields, Pegs Lane, Hertford, Herts, SG13 8EQ.
Comments may be accompanied by a request to be notified of the following: When the Planning Inspector publishes her recommendations; and/or When the Council adopts the District Plan.
You are also invited to keep up to date with the latest news from the Council by signing up to the weekly Network e-newsletter at www.eastherts.gov.uk/network, to follow the Council on Twitter @EastHerts or to find them on Facebook @EastHertsDC.
The deadline for consultation responses is 5pm on Thursday 29 March 2018. Please note the Council cannot guarantee that responses received after this deadline will be considered.
If you have any queries about any aspect of the consultation please contact a member of the Planning Policy Team. firstname.lastname@example.org